Names of God

Names of God
A
Abba, Father
Abhir (Hebrew)
Adam, Last (or Second) (Eschatos Adam) (1 Cor. 15:45)
Adonai (Hebrew)
Advocate with the Father (Jesus Christ)
'Akal 'Esh (Hebrew) (“Consuming Fire”) (Deut. 4:24)
Akrogoniaios akrogoniaios lithos (Greek) (“Chief Cornerstone”) (Eph. 2:20; 1 Pet. 2:6)
Almighty God (Gen. 17:1; Ezek. 10:5; Rev 19:15)
Alpha and Omega (“The First and the Last,” “The Beginning and The End”) (Rev. 1:8, 11, 21:16, 22:13)
Advocate
All Sufficient
Almighty (2 Cor. 6:18, Revelation 19:6)
Alpha and Omega
Ancient of Days
Anointed One, The
Apostle and High Priest of our profession (Jesus Christ) (Heb 3:1)
Attiq Yomin (Aramaic) (Daniel 7:9, 13, 22)
Author and finisher of our faith (Jesus Christ)
Author of eternal salvation (Jesus Christ) (Heb. 5:9)
Author of peace
Avi (Hebrew) (“Father”) (Psalm 68:5; Mal. 2)
Avi-’ad (Hebrew) (“Everlasting Father,” “Eternal Father”) (Isaiah 9:6)
Avinu (Hebrew) (“Our Father”) (Isaiah 63:16)
Avir Ya’akov (Hebrew) (“Mighty One of Jacob”) (Isa. 60:16)
A shelter for me
A son over his own house (Jesus Christ) [the Church is Christ's house]
A Star out of Jacob (Jesus Christ)
A stone of stumbling [to the unbeliever] (Jesus Christ)
A strength to the needy in his distress
A strength to the poor
A strong LORD
A strong tower from the enemy
A sun and shield
A sure foundation
A tried stone
A very present help in trouble
A witness to us (Holy Spirit)
B
Baptizer
Bara' (Hebrew) (“Creator” - Isa 40:28)
Bara' Yisra'el (Hebrew) (“Creator of Israel”) (Isaiah 43:15)
Beginning of the creation of God (Jesus Christ)
Blessed and only Potentate
Branch (Zec. 6:12, 3:8, etc.)
Bread of Life (John 6:26-35) (Jesus Christ)
Bread of God (Jesus Christ)
Bridegroom (Matt. 25:1)
Bright and morning star
Buckler to all those that trust in him
Buckler to them that walk uprightly
C
Captain of their salvation (Jesus Christ)
Chief Apostle
Chief Cornerstone (akrogoniaios akrogoniaios lithos) (Eph. 2:20; 1 Pet. 2:6)
Christ
Christ Jesus
Christ in you, the hope of glory
Christ the King of Israel
Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God
Comforter
Confidence of all the ends of the earth
Consolation of Israel (Jesus Christ)
Consuming Fire
'akal 'esh - Deut. 4:24
katanalisko pur - Heb. 12:29
Cornerstone (Isa. 28:16; Eph. 2:20; 1 Pet. 2:6)
Counselor (Isaiah 9:6)
Covenant of the people (Jesus Christ)
Creator (Isa. 40:28; John 1:3; Rom. 1:25)
Creator of Israel (bara' yisra'el) (Isaiah 43:15)
Creator of the ends of the earth
D
Dayspring from on high (Jesus Christ)
Daystar
Deliverer
Desire of All Nations (Jesus Christ)
Despotes (Greek) (“Master” - Luke 2:29; Acts 4:24; 2 Pet. 2:1; Jude 4; Rev. 6:10)
Door of the sheep
Dunastes (Greek) (“Potentate” - 1 Tim. 6:15)
Dwelling Place (Ma’on or Ma'own - Psalm 90:1)
E
'El (Hebrew)
Elah (Hebrew)
Elayuth (Hebrew)
El Berith (Hebrew)
El Elyon (Hebrew)
El Gibhor (Hebrew) (Isaiah 9:6)
'Eloah (Hebrew)
'Elohiym or Elohim (Hebrew) (Gen. 1:1; Exo. 3:1, etc.)
El Olam (Hebrew)
El Roi (Hebrew)
El Shaddai (Hebrew)
'Elyown 'Elyown 'Elohiym (Hebrew) (“The Most High God”) (Gen. 14:18-20, 22; Psa. 78:56)
Esh okhlah (Hebrew) (“Consuming Fire”) (Deut. 4:24)
‘Even Yisrael (“Stone of Israel”) (Genesis 49:24)
Everlasting Father (or Eternal Father) (Isaiah 9:6)
Everlasting God
'Owlam 'El - Gen. 21:33
'Owlam 'Elohiym - Isa 40:28
Aionios Theos - Rom. 16:26
Everlasting King
F
Faithful and True
Faithful Creator
Faithful witness
Father
Father of glory
Father of lights
Father of mercies
Father of the fatherless (Psa. 68:5)
Father of our Lord Jesus Christ
Father of spirits
Father to Israel (Jer. 31:9)
The First and the Last (Isa. 44:6, 48:12)
First-begotten of the dead (Jesus Christ)
First Born
Firstborn among many brethren (Jesus Christ)
Firstborn of every creature (Jesus Christ)
Former of all things
Fountain of Living Waters
G
Gaol (Hebrew)
Glorious LORD (Isa. 33:21)
Glory of their strength
Glory of thy people Israel
God
God Almighty
God alone
God and Father of all
God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ
God full of compassion (Psa. 86:15)
God most high (Psa. 57:2; Luke 8:28)
Godhead (Acts 17:29; Col. 2:9; Rom. 1:20)
God my maker
God of Abraham
God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob
God of all comfort
God of all flesh
God of all grace
God of all the families of Israel
God of the Covenant
God of your fathers (Exo. 3:13, 15; etc.)
God of glory
God of gods
God of heaven
God of heaven and earth
God of hope
God of Israel
God of Jacob
God of Jeshurun (Hebrew meaning “upright”—refers to Israel)
God of knowledge
God of love and peace
God of my life
God of my mercy
God of my praise
God of my righteousness
God of my rock
God of our salvation
God of patience and consolation
God of peace
God of the armies of Israel
God of the living
God of the spirits of all flesh
God of the whole earth
God of thy fathers
God of truth and without iniquity
God only wise
God our Rock (Deu. 32:4)
God our Savior
God our shield
God ready to pardon
God that answereth by fire
God, that cannot lie (see: truth)
God, that comforteth those that are cast down
God that doest wonders
God that formed thee
God, that giveth to all men liberally
God that judgeth in the earth
God that made the world and all things therein
God that performeth all things for me
God that showeth mercy
God, the Father
God the Judge of all
God the LORD
God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ
God, which doeth great things and unsearchable; marvelous things without number
God which fed me all my life long unto this day
God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ
God, which hath not turned away my prayer
God which raiseth the dead
God, which trieth our hearts
Good Shepherd
God's servant (Jesus Christ)
God's righteous servant (Jesus Christ)
Governor among the nations
Gracious and merciful God
Great High Priest (Heb. 4:14)
Great King above all gods
Great King over all the earth
Great shepherd of the sheep (Jesus Christ)
Guide of my youth
H
Habitation of justice
Hakadosh (Hebrew)
Hamelekh Hagoel (“The Redeeming Angel”) (Genesis 48:16)
Head of the Body (Col. 1:18) (Jesus Christ)
Head of the body, the church (Jesus Christ)
Health of my countenance
Heir of all things (Jesus Christ)
Helper of the fatherless
He in whom I trust
He that abideth of old
He that built all things
He that by wisdom made the heavens
He that called you into the grace of Christ
He that calleth you
He that cometh from above (Jesus Christ)
He that cometh from heaven (Jesus Christ)
He that cometh in the name of the Lord (Jesus Christ)
He that comforteth you
He that createth the wind
He that declareth unto man what is his thought
He that doth speak
He that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself
He that filleth all in all
He that formed thee from the womb
He that formeth the mountains
He that giveth breath unto the people
He that giveth strength and power unto his people
He that hath called us to glory and virtue
He that hath mercy on them
He that hath the key of David (Jesus Christ)
He that hath the seven Spirits of God
He that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand
He that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think
He that is able to keep you from falling
He that is able to present you faultless before the presence of his glory
He that is from the beginning
He that is higher than the highest
He that is holy
He that is mighty
He that is of power to stablish you
He that is true
He that judgeth me
He that judgeth righteously
He that keepeth Israel
He that keepeth thee
He that keepeth thy soul
He that liveth and was dead (Jesus Christ)
He that liveth for ever and ever
He that loved us
He that maketh the morning darkness
He that maketh the seven stars and Orion
He that made great lights
He that ministereth to you the Spirit
He that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth
He that ought to be feared
He that pondereth the heart
He that raised up Jesus from the dead
He that revealeth secrets
He that rideth upon the heavens of heavens
He that sanctifieth
He that searcheth the hearts
He that seeth me
He that shall come (Jesus Christ)
He that shall have dominion (Jesus Christ)
He that sitteth in the heavens
He that sitteth upon the circle of the earth
He that sitteth upon the throne
He that smote Egypt in their firstborn
He that spared not his own Son (the Father)
He that speaketh from heaven
He that strengtheneth the spoiled against the strong
He that stretched out the earth above the waters
He that took me out of the womb
He that treadeth upon the high places of the earth
He that turneth the shadow of death into the morning
He that washed us from our sins (Jesus Christ)
He that worketh miracles among you
He which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost (Jesus Christ)
He which divided the Red Sea into parts
He which giveth life unto the world
He which hath anointed us
He which hath the sharp sword with two edges
He which is, and which was, and which is to come
He which is perfect in knowledge
He which led his people through the wilderness
He which searcheth the reins and hearts
He which smote great kings
He which stablisheth us with you in Christ
He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead (Jesus Christ)
He who alone doeth great wonders
He who hath builded the house (Jesus Christ)
He who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light
He who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire
He who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks
He who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will
He whom God hath sent (Jesus Christ)
He with whom we have to do
Highest (Matt. 21:9)
High Priest (Heb. 6:20, 7:26, 8:1, 9:11) (Jesus Christ)
High priest of good things to come (Heb. 9:11) (Jesus Christ)
High priest over the house of God (Heb. 10:21) (Jesus Christ)
High priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek (Jesus Christ)
His Anointed (Jesus Christ)
His dear Son (Jesus Christ)
His Son from heaven (Jesus Christ)
His Spirit that dwelleth in you
His unspeakable gift (Jesus Christ)
Holy God (Josh. 24:19)
Holy One (Job 6:10; Psa. 16:10)
Holy One of Israel (2 Ki. 19:22; Psa. 71:22, 78:41, etc.)
Holy Ghost (Matt. 1:18, etc.)
Holy Spirit (Luke 11:13, etc.)
Holy Spirit of promise
Hope of Israel (Jesus Christ)
Hope of Israel, the Savior thereof in time of trouble
Horn of my salvation
House of defense
Hupsistos (Greek) (“Highest”) (Matt. 21:9)
Hupsistos Hupsistos Theos (Greek) (“The Most High God”) (Mark 5:7; Acts 16:17; Heb. 7:1)
I
I Am (John 8:58; Exo. 3:14)
I AM THAT I AM (Exo. 3:14)
I am a father to Israel
I am a great King
I am alive for evermore (Jesus Christ)
I am Alpha and Omega (Jesus Christ)
I am for you
I am from above (Jesus Christ)
I am God
I am God Almighty
I am gracious
I am he
I am he that comforteth you
I am he that doth speak
I am he that liveth, and was dead (Jesus Christ)
I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts (Jesus Christ)
I am holy
I am in the midst of Israel
I am married unto you
I am meek and lowly in heart (Jesus Christ)
I am merciful
I am the Almighty God
I am the bread of life (Jesus Christ)
I am the door (Jesus Christ)
I am the door of the sheep (Jesus Christ)
I am the first and the last
I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob
I am the God of thy fathers
I am the good shepherd (Jesus Christ)
I am the light of the world (Jesus Christ)
I am the living bread (Jesus Christ)
I am the LORD
I am the LORD, and there is none else
I am the Lord GOD
I am the LORD in the midst of the earth
I am the LORD that doth sanctify you
I am the LORD that healeth thee
I am the LORD that maketh all things
I am the LORD that smiteth
I am the LORD, the God of all flesh
I am the LORD thy God
I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt
I am the LORD thy God that divideth the sea
I am the LORD thy God which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go
I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit
I am the LORD which exercise loving-kindness, judgment, and righteousness
I am the LORD which hallow you
I am the LORD, your Holy One
I am the resurrection, and the life (Jesus Christ)
I am the root and offspring of David (Jesus Christ)
I am the Son of God (Jesus Christ)
I am the vine (Jesus Christ)
I am the way, the truth, and the life (Jesus Christ)
I am their inheritance (speaking of the priests)
I am thy exceeding great reward
I am thy part and thine inheritance (said to the Levites)
I am thy salvation
I am thy Savior
I am thy shield
I am with thee
I am with thee to deliver thee
I am with thee to save thee
I am with you alway (Jesus Christ)
'Illay 'Illay 'Elahh (“The Most High God”) (Dan. 5:18, 21)
Image of the invisible God (Jesus Christ)
Immanuel (Hebrew) (“God with us”) (Isaiah 7:14) (Jesus Christ)
I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save
J
Jealous (Qanna' - Exo. 34:14)
Jealous God (Qanna' 'El - Exo. 20:5; Deu. 4:24, etc.)
Jehiah-M'Kaddesh (Hebrew)
Jehovah (Hebrew: YHWH)
Jehovah 'Elohiym or Elohim (Hebrew) (Gen. 3:23, etc.)
Jehovah-Jireh (Hebrew)
Jehovah-Mekoddishkem (Hebrew) (“The Lord Who Sanctifies You”)
Jehovah-M'Kaddesh (Hebrew)
Jehovah-Nissi (Hebrew)
Jehovah-Ra'ah (Hebrew) (“The Lord is my Shepherd” - Psa. 23:1)
Jehovah-Rapha (Hebrew) (“The Lord that Healeth”)
Jehovah-Rohi (Hebrew)
Jehovah-Rophe (Hebrew)
Jehovah-Sabaoth (Hebrew)
Jehovah-Shalom (Hebrew)
Jehovah-Shammah (Hebrew) (“The Lord is There”)
Jehovah-Tsidkenu (Hebrew) (“The Lord our Righteousness”)
Je-Hoshua (“Jehovah is Salvation”)
Jesus
Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ our Lord
Jesus Christ the righteous
Jesus of Nazareth
Jesus the mediator of the new covenant
Jesus, thou Son of God most high
Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come
Joshua (Hebrew) (“Jehovah is Salvation”)
Judge
Judge of all the earth
Judge of quick and dead (Jesus Christ)
Judge of the widows (Psa. 68:5)
A just God and a Saviour (Isa. 45:21)
Just One (Isaiah 26:7; Acts 7:52; 22:14)
K
Kadosh (Hebrew)
Kanna (Hebrew)
Katanalisko Pur (Greek) (“Consuming Fire” - Heb. 12:29)
King
King forever and ever
King of all the earth
King of Glory, The (Psalm 24:7-10)
King of heaven
King of Israel (2 Samuel 24:23; Psalm 98:6; Isaiah 6:5; Jeremiah 46:18; 48:15; 51:57)
King of Kings (1 Tim. 6:15; Rev. 17:14, 19:16)
KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS
King of Nations
King of saints
King of the Jews (Jesus Christ)
Ktizo (Greek) (“Creator” - Rom. 1:25)
Kokhav miya’akov (Star from Jacob) (Num. 24:17)
Kurios (Greek) (“Lord”, “Master” - Eph. 6:9; Col. 4:1)
Kurios Theos Pantokrator (Greek) (“Lord God Almighty” - Rev. 4:8, 11:17, 15:3, 16:7, 21:22)
L
Lamb of God (Jesus Christ)
Lamb Slain Before the Foundation of the World (Rev. 13:8)
Last (or Second) Adam (eschatos adam) (1 Cor. 15:45)
Life, The
Light of Israel (Isaiah 10:17; Psalm 27:1)
Light of the Gentiles (Jesus Christ)
Light of the Nations (‘Or Goyim) (Isaiah 42:6)
Light of the world (John 8:12, 9:5)
Light to lighten the Gentiles (a light to bring revelation to the Gentiles) (Luke 2:32)
Lion of the tribe of Judah (Jesus Christ)
Living stone (1 Pet. 2:4)
Logos (Greek) (“The Word,” “The Word of God”) (John 1:1; Rev. 19:13)
LORD
Lord also of the sabbath
Lord and Christ
Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
LORD God (Yehovah 'Elohiym - Gen, 2:4, 3:23, etc.)
Lord God Almighty (kurios theos pantokrator - Rev. 4:8, 11:17, 15:3, 16:7, 21:22)
LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel
LORD God of Gods (Yehovah 'El 'Elohiym Yehovah - Joshua 22:22)
LORD God of Israel
LORD God of my salvation
LORD God of our fathers
LORD God of recompense
LORD God of the Hebrews
Lord God of the holy prophets
LORD God of truth
Lord of Hosts (yehovah tsaba' / Jehovah Sabaoth—appears 245 times in the Old Testament, including: 1 Sam. 1:3, 4:4; 1 Chr. 11:9; Psa. 24:10; Isa. 1:9; Mal. 4:3)
Lord of Lords (Deu. 10:17; Psa. 136:3; 1 Tim 6:15; Rev. 17:14, 19:16)
Lord God of Your Fathers (Joshua 18:3; Deu. 1:11, etc.)
Lord God omnipotent
Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel
Lord, holy and true
Lord Jesus
LORD most high
Lord of all (Jesus Christ)
LORD of hosts
Lord of glory
Lord of kings
Lord of lords
Lord of peace
Lord of Sabaoth
Lord of the whole earth
LORD on high
LORD our God
LORD our Lord
Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be
Love (“God is love”) (1 John 4:8, 16)
M
Machseh (Hebrew) (“Fortress,” “Shelter,” “Refuge”) (Psalm 91:2)
Magen (Hebrew)
Majesty on high
Man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief (Isa. 53:3)
Man of war (Exo. 15:3; Isa. 42:13)
Ma’on (“Refuge,” “Dwelling place” - Psalm 90:1)
Master
kurios - Eph. 6:9; Col. 4:1
didaskalos - John 13:14, 20:16
Mediator of a better covenant (Jesus Christ)
Mediator of the new testament (Jesus Christ)
Melekh (Hebrew)
Melekh HaKavod (Hebrew) (“The King of Glory”) (Psalm 24:7-10)
Melekh Yisrael (Hebrew) (“King of Israel”) (2 Samuel 24:23; Psalm 98:6; Isaiah 6:5; Jeremiah 46:18; 48:15; 51:57)
Merciful and faithful high priest (Heb. 2:17)
Merciful God (Deu. 4:31; Neh. 9:31)
Meshiach (Hebrew) (“The Anointed One” - Christ)
Messiah
Mighty (Deu. 10:17, etc.)
Mighty God (Isaiah 9:6)
Mighty God of Jacob (Gen. 49:24, etc.)
Mighty One of Israel (Isa. 1:24; Isa. 30:29)
Mighty One of Jacob (Avir Ya’akov) (Isa. 49:26, 60:16)
Mighty terrible one [“a mighty, awesome One” (NKJV) / “a mighty warrior” (NIV) / “a dread warrior” (NRSV)] (Jer. 20:11)
Mine elect (Jesus Christ)
Mine Holy One
Minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle (Heb. 8:2)
Misthapodotes (Greek) (“Rewarder” of them that diligently seek Him - Heb. 11:6)
Most High (Num. 24:16; Deu. 32:8; Psa. 9:2, etc.)
Qodesh 'Elyown - Num. 24:16; Deu. 32:8; 2 Sam. 22:14; Psa. 9:2, etc.
Hupsistos Hupsistos - Acts 7:48, 16:17
Most High God
'Elyown 'Elyown 'elohiym (Gen. 14:18-20, 22; Psa. 78:56)
'Illay 'Illay 'elahh (Dan. 5:18, 21)
Hupsistos Hupsistos Theos (Mark 5:7; Acts 16:17; Heb. 7:1)
Most Mighty
Most upright
My beloved
My beloved Son (Jesus Christ)
My buckler
My defense
My defense and refuge in the day of my trouble
My deliverer
My exceeding joy
My Father
My father's God
My [God's] firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth (Jesus Christ)
My fortress
My friend
My glory
My God
My goodness
My help
My hiding place
My hiding place and my shield
My high tower
My hope
My hope in the day of evil
My judge
My King
My lamp
My love
My portion for ever
My portion in the land of the living
My praise
My Redeemer
My refuge
My refuge and my portion
My refuge in the day of affliction
My rock
My salvation
My Savior
My [God's] servant (Jesus Christ)
My [God's] servant David (Jesus Christ)
My shepherd
My shield
My song
My stay
My strength and power
My strength and song
My strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort
My strong refuge
My strong rock
My trust from my youth
N
Nail in a sure place (Isa. 22:23)
O
One LORD
One mediator between God and men (Jesus Christ)
Only begotten of the Father (Jesus Christ)
Only begotten Son of God (Jesus Christ)
‘Or Goyim (Hebrew) (“Light of the Nations”) (Isaiah 42:6)
‘Or Yisrael (Hebrew) (“Light of Israel”) (Isaiah 10:17; Psalm 27:1)
Our Father
… 'Ab - Isaiah 63:16, 64:8
… Pater - Mat. 6:9
Our captain
Our dwelling place
Our Father
Our Father which is in heaven
Our guide
Our lawgiver
Our life
Our Lord Jesus Christ
Our peace
Our potter
Our Savior Jesus Christ
P
Palet (Hebrew)
Pantokrator (Greek) (“Almighty” - 2 Cor. 6:18, Revelation 19:6)
Place of broad rivers and streams (Isa. 33:21)
Plant of renown (Ezek. 34:29) - literally, “a plant of the Name”
Great Physician
Pioneer and Perfecter of our Faith (or Author and Finisher)
Portion of Jacob
Portion of mine inheritance and of my cup
Possessor of heaven and earth
Potentate (dunastes - 1 Tim. 6:15)
Precious corner stone
Priest upon his throne (Zec. 6:13)
Prince (Acts 5:31) (Jesus Christ)
Prince of life (Jesus Christ)
Prince of Peace (Sar Shalom - Isaiah 9:6) (Jesus Christ)
Prince of princes
Prince of the kings of the earth
Promise of the Father (Holy Spirit)
Q
Qanna' and Qanna' 'El (“Jealous” - Exo. 34:14 / “Jealous God” - Exo. 20:5; Deu. 4:24, etc.)
R
Redeemer (Job 19:25; Psa. 19:14; Jer. 50:34; etc.)
Redeemer of Israel
Redeeming Angel (Hamelekh Hagoel) (Genesis 48:16)
Refuge (Ma’on) (Psalm 90:1)
Refuge for the oppressed
Refuge from the storm
Refuge in times of trouble
Rewarder of them that diligently seek Him (Heb. 11:6)
Righteous Branch (Jesus Christ)
Righteous Father
Righteous One (Prov. 21:12; Isa 24:16; Acts 3:14, 7:52, 22:14; 1 John 2:1)
Rivers of water in a dry place
Rock
Rock of His Salvation (Tsur Yeshuato) (Deuteronomy 32:15)
Rock of Israel (Tsur Yisrael) (2 Samuel 23:3)
Rock of my refuge
Rock of my salvation
Rock of my strength
Rock of offence (to both the houses of Israel) (Isa. 8:14; Rom. 9:33; 1 Pet. 2:8)
Rod out of the stem of Jesse (Isa. 11:1)
Roeh (Hebrew) (“Shepherd”) (Gen. 49:24; Psalm 23:1; 80:1)
Root of David (Jesus Christ)
Root of Jesse (Isa. 11:10; Rom. 15:12) (Jesus Christ)
Ruler in Israel
S
Sabaoth (Hebrew)
Salvation of God (Jesus Christ)
Salvation of Israel
Sanctifier
Sar Shalom (Hebrew) (“Prince of Peace”) (Isaiah 9:6)
Saving strength of his anointed
Savior
Savior of all men
Savior of the world (Jesus Christ)
Second Adam
Seed of Abraham (Jesus Christ)
Shaddai (or Shadday) (Hebrew)
Shadow from the heat (Isa. 25:4)
Shaphat (Hebrew)
Shepherd (Roeh) (Gen. 49:24; Psalm 23:1; 80:1)
Great Shepherd of the Sheep (Heb. 13:20)
Shield (“My Shield”) (2 Sam. 22:3; Psa. 28:7, 119:114, 144:2)
Shiloh (Hebrew) (Gen. 49:10)
Shaphat / Shofet (Hebrew) (“Judge” - Psalm 50:6)
Shelter (for me) (Machaceh - Psa. 61:3)
Shepherd and Bishop of your souls
Shepherd of Israel
Shield of thy help
Son
Son of David (Jesus Christ)
Son of God (Jesus Christ)
Son of man (Jesus Christ)
Son of the Blessed (Jesus Christ)
Son of the Father (Jesus Christ)
Son of the Highest (Jesus Christ)
Son of the living God (Jesus Christ)
Sophia (Greek) (“The Wisdom of God”)
Soter (Greek) (“Savior”)
Spirit of Christ (pneuma christos) (Rom. 8:9; 1 Pet. 1:11)
Spirit of counsel and might
Spirit of glory and of God
Spirit of God (ruwach 'elohiym - Gen. 1:2; 1 Sam. 10:10) / pneuma theos - Rom. 8:9)
Spirit of Grace (Heb. 10:29)
Spirit of Holiness (Rom. 1:4)
Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD
Spirit of Life (Rev. 11:11)
Spirit of Mercy
Spirit of the living God
Spirit of the LORD
Spirit of Truth (John 14:17, 15:26, 16:13; 1 John 4:6)
Spirit of wisdom and understanding
Stone
Stone of Israel (‘Even Yisrael) (Genesis 49:24)
Stone of stumbling (Isa. 8:14)
Strength (Psa. 19:14, etc.)
Strength of Israel
Strength of my heart
Strength of my salvation
Strong
Stumblingstone (Rom. 9:33; 1 Pet. 2:8)
Sun of Righteousness (Malachi 4:2) (Jesus Christ)
Sword of thy excellency
T
Theos (Greek) (“God”)
Theotes (Greek) (Col. 2:9; Rom. 1:20)
That eternal life (Jesus Christ)
That man whom he hath ordained (Jesus Christ)
The Almighty
The Amen
The beginning and the ending
The beginning, the firstborn from the dead (Jesus Christ)
The Branch of righteousness (Jesus Christ)
The breaker (as in, the deliverer—see Micah 2:13)
The bridegroom (Jesus Christ)
The brightness of his glory (Jesus Christ)
The chief corner stone (Jesus Christ)
The chief Shepherd (Jesus Christ)
The Christ
The Christ of God
The Comforter (Holy Spirit)
The Deliverer (Jesus Christ)
The earnest of our inheritance (Holy Spirit)
The eternal God
The eternal Spirit
The express image of his person (Jesus Christ)
The faithful and true witness
The faithful God
The fear of Isaac
The first and the last
The first-begotten (Jesus Christ)
The glorious LORD
The Godhead
The great and dreadful God
The great God
The great God that formed all things
The Great, the Mighty God
The great, the mighty, and the terrible God (“terrible” means “awesome” in KJV)
The Head (Jesus Christ)
The head of the corner (Jesus Christ)
The high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity
The high God their redeemer
The Highest
The Holy
The Holy One
The Holy One and the Just (Jesus Christ)
The Holy One in the midst of thee
The Holy One of God (Jesus Christ)
The hope of their fathers
The husbandman (the Father)
The invisible God
The Just One
The King eternal, immortal, invisible
The Lamb (Jesus Christ)
The Lamb slain from the foundation of the world (Jesus Christ)
The Lamb that was slain (Jesus Christ)
The last Adam (Jesus Christ)
The lifter up of mine head
The Light
The light of the world (Jesus Christ)
The living bread which came down from heaven (Jesus Christ)
The living Father
The Living God
The Lord from heaven (Jesus Christ)
The LORD mighty in battle
The LORD my banner
The LORD my strength
The LORD our maker
THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS
The LORD strong and mighty
The LORD that doth sanctify you
The LORD that healeth thee
The LORD that is faithful
The LORD that maketh all things
The LORD that smiteth
The LORD the God
The LORD, The God of Hosts
The LORD the Judge
THE LORD THY GOD
The LORD thy God from the land of Egypt
The LORD thy God in the midst of thee
The LORD thy Redeemer
The LORD which hallows you
The LORD which will help thee
The LORD your God which goeth before you
The Lord's Christ (Jesus Christ)
The Majesty in the heavens
The Messiah (Jesus Christ)
The Messiah the Prince (Jesus Christ)
The mighty God
The Most High
The most high God
The Most High over all the earth
The Most Holy (Jesus Christ)
The only Lord God
The only true God
The only wise God
The only wise God our Savior
The pearl of great price
The Prophet (Jesus Christ)
The propitiation for our sins (Jesus Christ)
The resurrection, and the life (Jesus Christ)
The righteous judge
The righteous LORD
The Rock
The Rock that begat thee
The rock that is higher than I
The root and the offspring of David (Jesus Christ)
The seven Spirits of God (Holy Spirit)
The shadow of a great rock in a weary land
The Son (Jesus Christ)
The Spirit
The Spirit of his Son (Holy Spirit)
The Spirit of your Father
The stone which the builders disallowed (Jesus Christ)
The true bread from heaven (Jesus Christ)
The true God
The true light (Jesus Christ)
The true vine (Jesus Christ)
The uncorruptible God
The way, the truth, and the life (Jesus Christ)
The Word (Jesus Christ)
The Word of God (Jesus Christ)
The Word of life (Jesus Christ)
Thine everlasting light
Thine husband
Thou preserver of men
Thou that dwellest between the cherubim
Thou that dwellest in the heavens
Thou that hearest prayer
Thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel
Thou that leadest Joseph like a flock
Thou that liftest me up from the gates of death
Thou that savest by thy right hand
Thou whom my soul loveth
Thy Creator
Thy exceeding great reward
Thy Father that hath bought thee
Thy God that pleadeth the cause of his people
Thy good Spirit
Thy holy child Jesus
Thy keeper
Thy life, and the length of thy days
Thy Lord the LORD
Thy Maker
Thy shade upon thy right hand
Tower of salvation
Trinity
True Vine
Truth, The
Tsaddiq (Hebrew)
Tsemach (Hebrew)
Tsemach Adonai (Hebrew) (“Branch of the Lord”) (Isaiah 4:2; Jeremiah 23:5; 33:15; Hosea 8:7; Zechariah 3:8; 6:12)
Tsur (Hebrew) (“Rock,” “Strength”) (Psalm 18:2)
Tsur Yisrael (Hebrew) (“Rock of Israel”) (2 Samuel 23:3)
Tsur Yeshuato (“Rock of His Salvation”) (Deuteronomy 32:15)
V
Vine, The (John 15:5)
W
Who will have all men to be saved
Who also maketh intercession for us (Jesus Christ)
Who answered me in the day of my distress
Who calleth those things which be not as though they were
Who comforteth us in all our tribulation
Who commanded the light to shine out of darkness
Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment
Who crowneth thee with loving-kindness and tender mercies
Who daily loadeth us with benefits
Who dwelleth on high
Who forgiveth all thine iniquities
Who gave himself a ransom for all (Jesus Christ)
Who gave himself for our sins (Jesus Christ)
Who giveth food to all flesh
Who giveth rain upon the earth
Who giveth songs in the night
Who giveth us richly all things to enjoy
Who hath abolished death (Jesus Christ)
Who hath also sealed us
Who hath ascended up into heaven (Jesus Christ)
Who hath bound the waters in a garment
Who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus
Who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory
Who hath established all the ends of the earth
Who hath gathered the wind in his fists
Who hath given me counsel
Who hath given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts
Who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire
Who hath redeemed my soul out of all adversity
Who hath redeemed us from our enemies
Who hath saved us and called us with a holy calling
Who hast done great things
Who hast set thy glory above the heavens
Who healeth all thy diseases
Who humbleth himself to behold the things that are in heaven and in the earth
Who is above all
Who is blessed for ever
Who is over all (Jesus Christ)
Who is rich in mercy
Who is worthy to be praised
Who keepest covenant and mercy
Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever
Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters
Who liveth for ever and ever
Who loved me, and gave himself for me (Jesus Christ)
Who maketh the clouds his chariot
Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire
Who only doeth wondrous things
Who only hath immortality
Who quickeneth all things
Who quickeneth the dead
Who redeemeth thy life from destruction
Who remembered us in our low estate
Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things
Who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil
Who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain
Who taketh vengeance
Who walketh upon the wings of the wind
Who was delivered for our offenses (Jesus Christ)
Who was faithful to him that appointed him (Jesus Christ)
Who was raised again for our justification (Jesus Christ)
Who was with me in the way which I went
Word (John 1:1)
Wonderful (Peleh, pele’) (Isaiah 9:6)
Y
Yah (Hebrew)
Yahweh (Hebrew: YHVH / YHWH)
Yashar (Hebrew) (“Just One”) (Isaiah 26:7)
Yeos (Greek) (“God”)
Yesha (Hebrew)
Your dread
Your fear
Your heavenly Father
Your Holy One
Y'shua (Hebrew) (“Jehovah is Salvation”)
Z
Zur (Hebrew)
ALSO SEE:

Names of God in Judaism (Wikipedia)



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Christian Answers Network HOMEPAGE and DIRECTORY

Please report any technical problems or content errors
WebBible and ChristianAnswers.Net are ministries of Films for Christ / Eden Communications
Webmasters can utilize our Bible study tools and WebBible Encyclopedia [easy instructions]

…an educational mega-site designed for the entire family / Christian Answers Network experts tackle your tough questions about life, the Bible, and the Christian faith. [home]